Testing XSL-FO samples

Guest spsanjeev

Guest spsanjeev

Hello Everyone,I tried to test the sample xml documents provided under XSL-FO tutoria section in w3schools site. XMLSPY as well as IE both display the file as xml file. The formatting is not happening as specified in the tutoria. I am attaching the sample file for your referrence.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"><fo:layout-master-set> <fo:simple-page-master master-name="A4"> </fo:simple-page-master></fo:layout-master-set><fo:page-sequence master-reference="A4"> <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body"> <fo:block>Hello W3Schools</fo:block> </fo:flow></fo:page-sequence></fo:root>I stored as xml and xsl but no luck. Any suggestions please ?Thanks in advance !!

• 9 months later...

You need XSL-FO Processor. One that will either display the output in it's own environment or (as it most oftenly happens) convert it into another format (PDF mostly, but sometimes also Post Script) to display it in another environment (Adobe Acrobat Reader).One such processor is Apache FOP, but I don't know how to use it. An application that includes it is Stylus Studio. You can preview the output and even save that output there.