Working with Date

chrisciscoioio

Hello,So this code have should set the date of one week from today to the current year month and current day + 7 (or a variable in the end)Now from what I have read this should work, but I keep getting errors back, but they are blank just giving me useless number, not even a line number :)In the final result this will be used to generate a cookie that expires the following monday at 12:00:00:00 AM.I will be passing a variable instead of the 7 for the next week, it shoudl automaticly increase the years, months?

var date = new Date();	var nextWeek = Date.UTC(date.getFullYear(),date.getMonth(),(date.getDate() + 7),0,0,0,0);	alert(nextWeek.toGMTString());

Date.UTC returns a time value as a number instead of creating a Date object. As nextWeek is therefore not a Date object, the toGMTString call will be failing.How about using setDate to add the 7 days:

var d = new Date();d.setDate( d.getDate()+7 );	alert(d.toGMTString());alert(d.toUTCString());

PS I just saw that toGMTString() is now deprecated and we should use toUTCString() instead.

Archived