soap request file

srtanniru

Hi, I am using soap request file for JMS and web services. I would like to comment the description in the soap file(where we comment in xml <!-- -->). It is not accepting the comment in soap request file. Is there is any way to comment. It would be grate and appreciated for your early reply.RegardsSRINIVAS

After a short reading about JMS, it seems it doesn't have to do anything with XML at all, let alone SOAP, so I don't really see what you're trying to do.And... why would you need to comment on a SOAP request (or response) anyway? This is something only machines should read.And it should also be generated by code. A search on google quickly revealed this tutorial showing how to use SOAP with JAVA.

Hi I would like to comment is because the soap files (payloads vary) upon differenct service request. If i comment in the starting of soap file so if any one using can be aware of what to do before requesting soap file. RegardsSRI
That's what WSDL is for. It provides both people and machines (i.e. "web service agents") with a description on how their request must be formed, what response to expect, what is the URI of the web service and others.And WSDL itself contains a <documentation/> element, which allows you to write rich documentation about the thing at hand, so that you can have for example, XHTML embedded in WSDL.

Hi, I am using soap request file for JMS and web services. I would like to comment the description in the soap file(where we comment in xml <!-- -->). It is not accepting the comment in soap request file. Is there is any way to comment. It would be grate and appreciated for your early reply.RegardsSRINIVAS
Hi Srinivas,You can comment in SOAP, but it will useless because comment is not parsed by parser during processing.If you want to add any comment in SOAP. you can add in your calling WSDL file, which response via SOAP envelope.But remember you can not modify in provider WSDL, so if you are the only provider of that WSDL file you can edit that WSDL according to requirement, and these modification should be on provider side.Sample added comment in WSDL file are as follows:<definitions name="GoogleSearch" targetNamespace="urn:GoogleSearch"> <! Types for search result elements, directory categories > <types> <xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:GoogleSearch"> <xsd:complexType name="GoogleSearchResult"> <xsd:all><xsd:element name="documentFiltering" type="xsd:boolean"/></xsd:all></xsd:complexType> <xsd:complexType name="ResultElement"> <xsd:all><xsd:element name="summary" type="xsd:string"/></xsd:all></xsd:complexType> <xsd:complexType name="ResultElementArray"> <xsd:complexContent> <xsd:restriction base="soapenc:Array"><xsd:attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="typens:ResultElement[]"/></xsd:restriction></xsd:complexContent></xsd:complexType> <xsd:complexType name="DirectoryCategoryArray"> <xsd:complexContent> <xsd:restriction base="soapenc:Array"><xsd:attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="typens:DirectoryCategory[]"/></xsd:restriction></xsd:complexContent></xsd:complexType> <xsd:complexType name="DirectoryCategory"> <xsd:all><xsd:element name="fullViewableName" type="xsd:string"/><xsd:element name="specialEncoding" type="xsd:string"/></xsd:all></xsd:complexType></xsd:schema></types> <! Messages for Google Web APIs cached page, search, spelling. > <message name="doGetCachedPage"><part name="key" type="xsd:string"/><part name="url" type="xsd:string"/></message> <message name="doGetCachedPageResponse"><part name="return" type="xsd:base64Binary"/></message> <message name="doSpellingSuggestion"><part name="key" type="xsd:string"/><part name="phrase" type="xsd:string"/></message> <! Endpoint for Google Web APIs >Please let me know if you have any further query on this issue.Regards,Ashvini

Archived