getting the content of a frame

mikedikta

hail,this looks like my previus topic, but it's a bit different:I have a page with to frames, the left one is in my domain with a button, the right one is in other domain (like yahoo.com). The user can navegate in the right frame, and I need to clck in a button in the left frame and get current content of what is showing in the right frame, because I need to extract some strings.I don't need the source, I just need to read a text of what it is showing (ex: the user is now loged in a site)this is what I started://this the main page<html><title>Exemplo de criação de frames</title><FRAMESET cols="50%,50%"><FRAME SRC="frame1.htm" NAME="frame1"><FRAME SRC="http://yahoo.com" NAME="frame2">//could be any external page, will change</FRAMESET><body></body></html>//this is frame1.htm<html><title>Frist Frame</title><body><form name="view"><input type="button" name="source" onclick="get()" value="View This Page's Source"></form><script language="Javascript"><!--function get() {//can you help me? insert the code - thanks}//--></script></body></html>I prefer in javascript, but I if you know in other language be my guest in helpingthnaks

What are you trying to get from the page? If you want to show a message like "the user is logged in to a site", how do you determine whether or not they are, or how do you know what message to show otherwise?
Well, I know how the site I want to use shows its data. For example, after the user logs the site will show:Name: John RamboAge: 21Gender: Malethen I need to get those values. I already did this string algorithm to get the fileds, it works when I save the text into a file, but I need to do that online, and I can't find out how to get the page that is being shown .thanks