check needed in stand-alone IE6

ctoz

Hi, I have IE6 and IE7 loaded.Problem withhttp://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~ctillam/changes/I.htmIE7 renders correctly.IE6 renders the list on the left as if the css doesn't apply: it has the list in the top left corner with no top or left margin.Also in IE6, the links are inoperable, apparently because of a transparent gif at a lower z-index; the "image-saving" options get in the way.Could someone with IE6 stand-alone please check rendering with these two issues? and anything else I don't yet know about... :) cheers

OK now..."position:fixed" without a fix for IE6 was the problem, at least with both IE6 and 7 on the same machine. Still appreciate a check from someone with IE6 and no IE7:IE6 check neededThere are 2 fixes for IE6 and "position:fixed", which it normally renders as "position:absolute": the css fix (aka "the ghost in the box") ... a good example:hedger wang's exampleand the javascript library of Dean Edwards......which fixes most things wrong in IE6 (except re-sizing pixels)and and to resize pixels by turning them into ems try this

Archived