Link to page

Primal

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but I am writing a portfolio and I want to like to a .asp page. (A page generated by asp, maybe?) Is this possible, and if so, how would I go about doing it?Thanks,Prymal

It's possible. You just link to it like you would to any other page. If the page you are linking to is a Projects page, then you might be linking to something similar to projects.asp instead of your typical projects.html. Does this answer your question?

It's a page you can normally only get to if you enter login information. The page is generated by a program used for recording grades. The url after you enter your student id is the same for everyone, so if you just enter the url, it gives you a page that says that your login information is incorrect. It is not, however, a secure page, so is there some way I maybe have it automaticly enter the login information when you click on the link, or otherwise have it open the right page, with my marks on it?Thanks,Prymal

You can't do it from another site. If the page were on the same server you could have AJAX send a post request with your login information in it before clicking on the link to start the session, but if you're coming from a different server I don't think that will work. You can try though, check the AJAX tutorial.

Archived