Google SEO

justsomeguy

Several times I've looked through the code on the Google site and I've seen several techniques being used (i.e. table layouts) that are not considered "SEO-friendly". It seems silly that everyone else needs to crap out their sites with useless blogs, "partners", etc, instead of placing the focus on decent content. This link was posted on Slashdot and is pretty funny - what would the Google homepage look like if it were optimized for the Google Search Engine?http://www.meangene.com/google/design_for_google.html

So sad but true, not to mention the fact that the results are so inconsistant. My site had close to 150 pages indexed in Google. Over the last month it has dwindled down to about 100 and I had added 10 new pages in that month! Why is it not 160?!?Also the rank in the search results is all over the place all the time. If SE traffic wasn't so important to my site I would love to forget about it. It is too much of a headache.In webmaters tools my inbound links (in that same month) dropped from about 700 to 550. I know if people stop linking to my site then it will go down but 90% of my inbound links are from other sites I own or related forums. I did heard that Google was going to be making changes regarding not letting forums display AdSense ads. Maybe they are removing them as inbound links also. By the time I get everything changed and caught up they just change their rules again. :)