repeat function

dimitar

background repeat attributes tell the browser how to repeat the background, either vertically, horizontally or none at all. The default is to repeat both vertically and horizontally so it appears everywhere in the background.What are you trying to do that doesn't work?:)

I use dreamweaver, and i set a background image, and even background image doesn't want to apear. Other question. How can i set the widht of one div to be equal to width of other div. Tnx
Yes, you can uses classes to carry over the style of the first <div> over to as many elements as you want. http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_pseudo_elements.asp

Well, I've never really worked in Dreamweaver before, so I couldn't really tell you how to do this in Dreamweaver, only in code. You can make all your <div>s a certain height then you can style the other <div>s the way you want them. For example, I have 3 <div>s on a page, I want 2 of those <div>s to be 20 pixels in height and the last <div> to be 50 pixels in height and be 100 pixels in width, what I could do is something like this:

div {  height: 20px;}.div_class {  height: 50px;  width: 100px;}<div></div><div></div><div class="div_class"></div>

div { ... } will catch all <div>s except for the one that has a specified style. You could do something similar to this.Also, IDs are supposed to be used only one time on every page, so it is a unique style for that element; classes are used to style a lot of elements on the page. Using IDs to style multiple elements on the same page is a bad practice, not to mention that your page won't validate.

OK the problem is halfway solved. My idea was:I have for example 2 <div>. Now the both <div> should have infinite height (I don't know how much height will be needet). I don't want the height to be static, i want the height to depend of the content inside. The both div's will float , so i want the both div to have same height, becouse if one div has bigger height it would look like crap.

Archived