new photography site

Guest b_iceman

Are you serious? Okok, first of all, have a direction in your design. What's your theme? Choose a color. What are you trying to convey? What is most important to you, body navigation, banner, etc? GET RID OF YOUR INDEX ENTER PAGE, It serves NO purpose. Your index enter page is not stylistically same as the rest of your pages.Repeating background image is an absolute NONO!Use background image only when it serves to make the site look better, not there just for the sake of an image. That is distracting, unprofessional, and genuinely ugly.No sense of direction in here. It's just a page with words and links everywhere. Use tables or divs to create boxes *visible* and some invisible divisions that are noticible. In another word, ORGANIZE IT.The only decent pages are the images pages, but still, ORGANIZE IT. Put the top nav links in boxes, Put left links in boxes, move your title to the top or right hand side.It is nice that you are using CSS, but DONT USE CSS FOR THE SAKE OF FLASHINESS. CSS is a STYLE sheet. Create your own style. Every "flashy" thing *ie mouseovers, text color* should match an overall theme/style. Use CSS ONLY when it contributes to the overall theme, not create its own.Background image with white words is most often HORRENDOUS. As is the case here, Pick an overal theme for your website, stick to it on every page and make your background images just small images embeded somewhere on the page.

The background images look nice in my opinion, especially considering the fact they are stretched (at least on my 1280x1024 screen anyway) excluding the one on the "images" page which seems to be repeated, but they are all just LARGE! The pages may load very fast on your machine, but on the web, the speeds are not that big.Every link I click just chokes IE for about 5 seconds, which will be too much for an average user.In additon, I'd suggest that you make your thumbnails' mouseover effect in a way that won't push the rest of the images when the mouse is over a certain image. Not only it looks unprofessional, but makes the page look as if it is "lagging", which is just a very bad experience (especially for people like myself that encounter crashing browsers and/or computers every week).

Archived