NO RESPONSEEE

SpOrTsDuDe.Reese

ok so im making a search engine website. most likely eitherhttp://www.durdat.com/http://www.vurgam.comhttp://www.plooth.com(ideas welcomed)so to impliment my idea, will i need an advanced knowledge of ?:Java <----i htink so for the algorithmhtml <----possiblilty..?php <----no ideamysql <----will hold the info so yesjavascript <----possiblity..?ok so im in need of the info on those htings. will i need knowledge of those? alsoif anyone wnats to make a logo for one of these sites i have suggested earlier (i will pay forlogo design. price to be determined after i c the designs and what i think it deserves) e.g.-for durdat.com, copy off of askjeeves a bit. make a picture of a stupid person and then a smart person who appears to be giving info. dont use that idea if u dont wnat but w/e. off topoic a bit but no answer. any possible ideas?

The only things you *need* knowledge for are whatever you choose to do. If you want your site to use JSP, then you need to learn Java. If you don't want it to use JSP, then you don't. If you don't know what JSP is, then you don't need to learn Java.Like any other site, you will need a markup language like HTML, a formatting language like CSS, Javascript if you want to use certain features like AJAX, and a server-side language that can connect to a database like PHP, ASP, Coldfusion, JSP, Perl, Python, etc. You don't *need* any of them, it's whatever you *want* to use. If you're going to be making a search engine, the first thing you need to do is learn one or more of those languages and try to get the experience that you'll need to develop a search engine. I've been programming professionally for 4 years and I would be intimidated trying to design an efficient and accurate search engine, data mining is a huge field.

well i am 16 years old and wish to go into the web designing business. tryign to decide wht college would be best for this. anyway so how would i display results? would i use php to recall the results i get from the sql databases? i know html css. would i just use them for the general layout? or would i put variables in my website so taht it would display the results in HTMl when the search engine is in use? also any ideas on name? thats whati really need now. ill begin working on the homepage for my search engine soon. but i need name1! so i definatel need mysql databases. i konw that much. to store info. (basically talking to myself now..) and ill need some sort of language to display the results...anyway. more ideas on help?

anyway so how would i display results? would i use php to recall the results i get from the sql databases? i know html css. would i just use them for the general layout?
The same way you do with anything else, get some practice with PHP and you'll figure it out. PHP can get the results from the database and send HTML to the browser to display everything. PHP is just a general-purpose server-side language, you can output plain text if you want to, but if you're using this online it would make sense to output HTML code because that's what the browser is made to understand.

ok thank you. i know a little about php but not much. so im guessing i wouldnt use the echo cmd? im lookng at the php manual i have :) and i dont c another cmd that could output my results query. what command is it. there are oto many cmds to search through in the manual. also justsomeguy. NAMES FOR SITE PLZ LOL

To send output you can use echo, print, or you can put static output outside of the PHP tags. As far as site names go, I'm a programmer, I'm not in marketing, and I already think names like Bebo, Friendster, Flickr, Joomla etc are retarded, so I'm probably not the best person to ask for an opinion on names like durdat, vurgam, or plooth.

Archived