External style sheet

bill_waterson

I am trying to create a style sheet with an external link. I have placed the link in the header as you can see below.<link href="../css/global.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>and this is my style sheet, I saved it as global.cssBODY { background-color : #ffffff; color : #000000; font-family : arial, verdana helvetica, sans-serif; margin-left : 8%; margin-right : 5%;} FOOTER { color : #0000FF; font-family: arial, verdana helvetica, sans-serif; font-size : 10px;} CAPTION { color : #990000; font-family : arial, verdana helvetica, sans-serif; font-size : 10px; font-style : italic;}And this is how I am trying to link it to the sections on the page<td colspan="4" class="caption">TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT</td>and<table border="0" width="520"><tr><td align="center" class="footer"> <a href.html" class="footer""><font color="#0000FF">??</font></a> | <a href=".html" class="footer"><font color="#0000FF">??</font></a> | <a href=".html" class="footer"><font color="#0000FF">??</font></a> | <a href=".html" class="footer"><font color="#0000FF">??</font></a> <br> <a href=".html" class="footer"><font color="#0000FF">??</font></a> | <a href=".html" class="footer"><font color="#0000FF">??</font></a> | <a href=".html" class="footer"><font color="#0000FF">??</font></a> | <p>

You were almost there, you just missed two things. The first, you're missing the class period in front of your styles (e.g. ".caption"). Note that "body" doesn't require a period because it's targeting an HTML tag named <body>. The second, is that CSS is case-sensitive, meaning that "CAPTION" and "caption" are two different things. Usually in code (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP), mostly everything is done in lower-case, so stick to that format so you can avoid confusion. I hoped that helped you out some.http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_pseudo_classes.asphttp://www.w3schools.com/css/css_syntax.asp