Centering Google AdSense search box

blogsmith

I tried to center a Google AdSense search box atTest Centering Searchboxsurrounding the script with <div style="text-align:center;">script></div>and <span style="text-align:center;">script></spanv>plus even the deprecated <center>script</center>All failed. I remember being able to center the seach box with <center>script</center> before, but now even that don't work.Can anybody help?Thanks

<div style="text-align:center;">[google script]</div>or<div align="center">[google script]</div>You could add a width too or even this (replace your banner width below accordingly:<div style="margin:0px auto; width:468;">[google script]</div>

<div style="text-align:center;">[google script]</div>and <span style="text-align:center;">[google script]</span>works in IE6 but not Firefox 2.0<center>works in both but I am sure you guys will discourage thisWill test your additional suggestion later.Thanks

The Cascade of Styling gives id's more 'weight' than classes, so try adding an id= to the element which you need to target. And a class will simply add to the strength of the selector.

<div id="google_ads_id" class="centered" >[google script]</div>div#google_ads_id .centered { margin:0 auto; text-align:center; }

Look here: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html#cascadeespecially at 6.4.3 Calculating a selector's specificity

Archived