Who here can........

ricardojosesanchez

Do you mean who can sponser a website, ie. pay for the domain?Anyone, as long as they have a suitable method of payment.

Sounds like the answer is "submit your site to search engines" or low ball your way online via link exchange programs (at the sacrifice of search engine popularity mind you).Of course, you could try a press release or announcement in a local paper, grass roots things that might get your web site "mentioned" in a message.

Sounds like the answer is "submit your site to search engines" or low ball your way online via link exchange programs (at the sacrifice of search engine popularity mind you).Of course, you could try a press release or announcement in a local paper, grass roots things that might get your web site "mentioned" in a message.
He wants some one to build a website for him (probably for free sinds he wants a person to sponsor it) in exchange you are allowed to mention your credits (read, copyright).Doesn't seem like a fair deal to me sinds copyright mentions are pretty common to be left in the sourcecode.

What type of site is it? How complex is the site? Is the developer going to have to make the art as well or are you providing the art? How much traffic are you expecting on a monthly basis?It's not enough to say "if you do 100 hours of work for me for free, you can put your link on my site". People who build the sites put their links on them anyway, and still get paid. It's often not worth it. For myself, if I normally charge $75/hr then you're asking me to do $7500 worth of work (or however long it actually takes) and only get a link to my own site? How is that a "deal"? You're just asking for free work, you're not prepared to give the developer anything. If you have money to spend then maybe we can work out a deal that would be beneficial to both parties involved. Otherwise, don't expect people to want to work for free.You can't go into a car dealership and say "if you give me a free car I'll put your business name on the side of it", that's not a good deal for the dealership. It's the same thing here.

What type of site is it? How complex is the site? Is the developer going to have to make the art as well or are you providing the art? How much traffic are you expecting on a monthly basis?It's not enough to say "if you do 100 hours of work for me for free, you can put your link on my site". People who build the sites put their links on them anyway, and still get paid. It's often not worth it. For myself, if I normally charge $75/hr then you're asking me to do $7500 worth of work (or however long it actually takes) and only get a link to my own site? How is that a "deal"? You're just asking for free work, you're not prepared to give the developer anything. If you have money to spend then maybe we can work out a deal that would be beneficial to both parties involved. Otherwise, don't expect people to want to work for free.You can't go into a car dealership and say "if you give me a free car I'll put your business name on the side of it", that's not a good deal for the dealership. It's the same thing here.
im going to do the art work

So you mean like a partnership? Well then I suppose you will have to figure out what the site will be about, and the ratio of design : development, then come to an agreement with the developer about who will pay who :) if at all and also how the profits if any from the site will be split.

Archived