Just thought I'd ask

the-kid3210

I'm sure this is probably a common subject, I would search for this same thing but I'm too lazy but I just thought I'd ask. What reason do you lot have for using W3? I mean if you lot are trying to make a site, what would it be about and why?I just hope that this isn't too n00bish, please spare me the flames.

Since I learned HTML and CSS by other sources, I use 3WSchools as a reference when I don't quite remember what tags/attributes or styles I should be using.Also, just to make things clear, W3Schools is NOT the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) that many people think they are.Edit: I misread your topic. I changed my response accordingly. :S

W3 = The internet...I find the internet a great place to gain a wide variety of opinions on any topic (such as web development :) ), instead of being bound by the opinions of one writer (as when reading an authored text). And the web facilitates very easy and sinple forms of communication (such as through bullitin boards :) ) and very cheaply, as opposed to "snail" and telephonic methods.Err... I just made my website because I am interested in programming and needed something to practice on. Having a website allows you to give focus to your efforts instead of creating lots of small utilities then forgetting them forever :)

Err... I just made my website because I am interested in programming and needed something to practice on. Having a website allows you to give focus to your efforts instead of creating lots of small utilities then forgetting them forever :)
erm, how is programming and weblanguages connected?

Web languages (i.e. HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc.) are a sort of programming. That's how they are connected.In addition, people that do web programming/developing/designing/whatever sometimes also start learning programming languages for desktop applications like C or JAVA.

Instead of having one bar to pick up a woman from, image having one bar that has all the women inthe world and you can pick and choose what you want. Itis kinda like that, w3 give you the optin to choose what ever you want and you want and you learn more about it.Sorry about the women metaphor, i am a big fan. lol

Because some of the web languages follow programming concepts, especially server-side languages such as PHP and ASP, and they can be very similar to general-purpose and shell languages such as VB and C++.

Archived