Picture perfect

user4fun

OK, i am about to design a logo.what advise can people give me in regards to makingthe right format, pixel size, clear etc etc etcIt seems like jpeg are nt very good. I was told gif butevery time i do one it looks like crap online.Also, any one out there willing to do some charity work. Get the picture in a bmp file and they use what fancy program to polish it up a little.I want to make it shiny looking.I am begging for help, Your logo design can make you or break you.The idea, just a simple picture of outline (border) for the state of indiana and two words shooting across from it over the lines.

Who told you jpg's aren't very good? Gifs are probably worse due to their colour limitations. And bmp's are hardly ever used nowadays as far as i know. png's are slowly been used i think, mainly due to ie6 not supporting png transparency. Although ie7 does, some people still use ie6. For transparency, i'd use photoshop still till the vast majority of people use a browser with decent png transparency support. Upto you though what you choose for file type. As for the right size, dimensions etc..just do what you think feels right. As long as it doesn't take several ice ages to download then you'll be fine.As long as it looks good and works, do it.:)

First, general rule of thumb - if the image has photography you are better off using the JPG format, otherwise use GIF. The PNG format is not an officially supported format so not all browsers will necessarily see it (if I remember correctly but anyone can correct me if I'm wrong).If you want, I can delve into the difference in quality between JPG and GIF and how either one or both can easily look better or more worse than the next - just let me know.Second, as far as this logo goes, I'd recommend drafting it in a vector base program like Adobe Illustrator. This, simply, allows you to resize it in any way without loosing quality - unless of course you are incorporating a photograph then you are subject to its resolution. Once you're done there, then a I'd recommend creating three or four version of the logo for use on the web and in each positive and negative perspective - as it it were to be used on a light background or a dark background.As for size, here is a good insight on a well thought through design:http://www.google.com/stickers.htmlIts just that simple. But, formally, you should go this far:http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/identity...es/firefox.htmlHope that helps. Oh, and PM me with a little more detail on what "charity" work you want done.

here is the imagehttp://www.zurielinvestment.com/logo.bmpmy top line is loosing quality when i put it up online.Feel free to do what every you wish to do to fix it up.Thank you so much, I wish there is something I can do for you.P.S It might take a minute to load up, its bmp format. I want it to make sure it is clear for any formating.

my top line is loosing quality when i put it up online.
On my machine that only happens because the browsers try to scale it down, but do so with loss, so the top part looks bad. But on a web page and at 1:1 ratio it is fine.
The PNG format is not an officially supported format so not all browsers will necessarily see it
Officially supported? Well, the W3C says that "over 60 HTML browsers had [in 2003] at least basic support of PNG images." The PNG file format is also an ISO standard (ISO/IEC 15948:2003). So you are fairly safe using PNGs.

What do i need to do to make it transparent except for the door, and how can i format the image to i can display it at different sizes and it would keep its integrity.This image thing is really confusing me.It is not a complex image, but it is an iimporant one. I need clear and nice looking small or large.

If you save it as a gif or an 8-bit PNG you can choose to have white be transparent. You'll want to use a decent program though, for a little money you can buy Paint Shop Pro or if you don't want to spend anything you can try to figure out Gimp. Either of them will be able to save transparency.As far as different sizes go, you will want to save the image more then once. You'll want a big version for print media and several smaller versions that you can use online. You don't want to use the same graphics for print and online, printing an online graphic in a magazine will typically cause the image to look pixelated, and showing a print image online is a waste of space. If you want a single image that will look fine at any size your single option is to use a vector image. If you want to do that, draw the image in Flash (Gimp might have a vector mode, but Flash is easy to work with). You can resize the Flash image to any size and save it off as a jpg or png and still have it look sharp.Otherwise, most people just save different sizes. You always want to display an image on a web page at 1:1, if you're blowing it up on the page then the image loses quality and if you shrink it down then you're wasting bandwidth.

so the image that i have listed above, i need to redo it at a smaller size to the size that i want.And over again to the different sizes, or i get paint shop pro/ try to use gimp or use vector image.I have no idea what vector image is. I cannot buy paint shop so happy hunting ofr me in gimp.DARN,I am lost again.

Archived