Annoying CSS Validate Warnings

DjDTM

Well when I validate my css for my website, "www.djdtm.com"It validates sure, but it gives me these wierd warnings, that are annoying, and I can't seem to get rid of.http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validat...&usermedium=all^validate link^Warnings:URI : http://djdtm.com/style.css * Line : 20 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : .style1 * Line : 27 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : .style2 * Line : 33 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : .style3 * Line : 39 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : .style4 * Line : 45 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : .style5 * Line : 52 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:link * Line : 59 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:visited * Line : 66 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:hover * Line : 73 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:activeNow what do I have to do to not get these warnings.I'm a perfectionist. :\

Specify a background-color, of course. Though I personnally think it's useless...background-color: transparent should be good enough, but since that validator sucks it'll give you the warning anyway I think. So you're left with background-color: inherit, which takes the same bg color as the parent element.

There have been many complaints for months on the mail list pages of w3.org from various people eversince this change.Bascally, it was said by a few people that 'warnings' aren't bad :)They said as long as you don't get any 'errors' then your CSS is valid :(if you have a transparent background, they issue a warning saying you have no background color (but transparent backgrounds register as valid).Also, they said at w3.org that if you don't like seeing 'warnings' then you can switch them off when validating. So you only see errors (if any) on the validating page.A few months ago, I was annoyed too. But now I accept it :)Some things you HAVE to use transparent backgrounds, in which case you get 'warnings', but oh well.