I think I'm gonna come back more often

Anders Moen

The logo and some controls only show up in certain browsers. We've come so far with internet development that we now have browser-specific images. Great, huh?
Hmm, after checking several browsers, I realize that the logo is actually showing in Firefox, and not showing in IE and Opera. I thought the error was consistent in all browsers. And it's not something we did with the logo, I think it's a consequence of javascript error in the google ads script, or the fact that Google pulled the ads for forums entirely.I tweaked, I fixed...

Not sure, I'm using 9.5 alpha. I get a Javascript syntax error on "line 16 of inline script", the only thing I see that might match that is this block:<script type="text/javascript"><!--//<![CDATA[google_ad_client = "pub-3210143718552835";google_ad_width = 468;google_ad_height = 60;google_ad_format = "468x60_as";google_ad_type = "text_image";google_ad_channel = "";google_color_border = "336699";google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";google_color_link = "0000FF";google_color_text = "000000";google_color_url = "008000";google_ui_features = "rc:6";//]]></script>It might be confused by the opening comment without a closing one. I don't even use HTML comments in my Javascript, and what is the point of the CDATA there? What is that supposed to indicate to the browser, or what problem does having CDATA there solve?

Archived