Need some help

OTTO

Sup all first off id like to introduce myself my names jack otto im from washington im new to the board ive been useing w3schools for a long time and it where i learned everything i know you guys have the best tutorials ever.anyway i was wondering if anyone can suggest a personal server that i can run with coldfusion?

Cold Fusion can be installed on either windows or linux. And you can obviously develop in any environment as well. CF can be installed with any popular web server engine, but it also has its own if you don't have one. So it can be self sufficient if need be.If you go to http://www.macromedia.com you can download the single server license for free.

when i try to install cold fusion it dosent work and this is the error in the req_advsecmig file.

###############################################                                            ##        Advanced Security Migration        ##                                            ###############################################One or more of the following errors occurred while attempting to export the policy store:The Cold Fusion Application Server, SiteMinderAuthorization, SiteMinder Authentication servicesmust be enabled and running for the policy storeexport to occur. One or more of these serviceseither couldn't be found or could not be started.A handful of support files need to be copied into the existing ColdFusion folder. While anattempt was made to copy these files, the filetransfer failed. Make sure there is adequatedisk space and you have sufficient rights or permissions.The policy store export process failed. Referto the user documentation for the steps to manually export your policy store.This install program will exit.

what set up are you attempting to do this on?windows, linux, IIS, Apache, CF Server . . . etc.First, I would uninstall whatever tried to install. Then, goto the CFusionMX and delete it - by default its on your root. Then remove the CFIDE folder from your system.Try to reinstall the server.

I know, so that is my point. Uninstall anything that your first attempt tried to do.If that message appeared during the intitial install sniffer then your install file might have been corrupted whrn you downloaded it.If you have not had Cold Fusion on your server before, your install should be clean. So,I'm just suggesting that you look through your hard drive to make sure none of the folders I mentioned exists. And then try to reinstall.