Browser problem

feck

HiI have this function for validating user input, that initially checks for missing items in the form of actually no input or the user inputting spaces:

var spaceCheck = /[\s{2}]/;for (i=0;i<elemValues.length; i++ )//scrolls through the form elements	{			if((elemValues[i].value == "")||(spaceCheck(elemValues[i].value))){ //Checks to see if values are empty						invalid_Entry +="<li>"+ elemValues[i].id + " is missing</li>";					}			}

Obviously this is not all the script, the invalid_Entry variable is used to output a box that alert the user to missing values.In Firefox this part of the function works as planned but in IE it only works if I remove the 'spaceCheck' in the if statement.Leaving this in IE doesnt show any error box, removing this part of the if statement lets the error box show.But obviously i can then input spaces and my functionality is reduced.Any ideas as to why this would occur?

God I've been looking at this for hours.Ive been using something like this to test for email validation using a regular expression, but what i did'nt include this time was the .test function as in spaceCheck.test(elemValues.value).Without knowing it, you provided me with the solution with your statement about this not being a function.Thanks

Archived