uploading a picture! (pic-binary-pic)?? using asp

remrow

Hey, can any help me to upload a picture by asp.It takes a longer time to upload a picture directly so the picture can be changed into binary and again unchange them to picture. how to do it??please help with the asp codes.thank you

ASP doesn't natively make it very easy to handle file uploads, so you'll need to find an ASP upload component to use. If you do a Google search you'll find quite a few. If you want to store the binary data you can open and read the picture like any other file using the filesystemobject. Displaying the binary data as an image requires sending a header to say that the data is an image, and then just writing out the data.

[...]It takes a longer time to upload a picture directly so the picture can be changed into binary and again unchange them to picture. [...]
(Edited) I think Remrow means a compression/decompression mechanism... any suggestions?Remrow, are you talking about pictures in your site's html pages? Or something a user can upload to your site. Please say which it is.If relevant: consider saving your image in a different format (jpg, gif, etc), as some formats result in a much bigger file than other formats, so take longer to transfer.

(Edited) I think Remrow means a compression/decompression mechanism... any suggestions?Remrow, are you talking about pictures in your site's html pages? Or something a user can upload to your site. Please say which it is.If relevant: consider saving your image in a different format (jpg, gif, etc), as some formats result in a much bigger file than other formats, so take longer to transfer.
Yes, i meant compression and decompression mechanism, and thats for my asp page for other users to upload pics on it and store it the ~ way.

Archived