Comments

Orkal3

I have this code below.

<html><div class="contentCommentForm"><form method="post" action="comment.html" id="comment_form"><div class="formRow"><span class="formLabel"><label>Subject</label></span><span class="formInput"><input type="text" name="content_comment_subject" size="55" maxlength="255" value="" /></span></div><div class="formRow"><span class="formLabel"><label for="content_comment_body">Comment</label></span><span class="formInput"><textarea id="content_comment_body" onChange="java script:TextInputCounter('content_comment_body',	'dummy_character_counter', 500);"onKeyUp="java script:TextInputCounter('content_comment_body',	'dummy_character_counter', 500);"onKeyDown="java script:TextInputCounter('content_comment_body',	'dummy_character_counter', 500);" name="content_comment_body" cols="40" rows="6"></textarea></span></div><div class="formRow"><span class="formInput"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" /></span></div><input type="hidden" name="site_action_name" value="ContentCommentCreate" class="hidden" /><input type="hidden" name="site_action_create_return_url" value="comment.html" class="hidden" /></form></div></html>

But the problem is, when I test it and try to post a comment on a web page, it either doesn't work and doesn't show up anything. Is there anything wrong with this code I'm using?

In order for it to "do" anything, you need to pass the form's input (i.e. the data you enterned) to a "program" you've written yourself that will do something with the data it received.What language to use you ask? Choises vary - any S3L (see my signature) can be of use, but your best bet is probably PHP as there are many people that know it, so there is always someone that can help you.

Archived