File exists

iswariak

Exactly what language are we talking about? JavaScript? C#, VB?Anyhow, you can detect in an XML file exists the way you could check if any other file exists, since XML files are just ordinary files. If the fact you're using the application on a CD means the user is always presented with a message - no way around that. The user will have to allow you. Security measure.

Exactly what language are we talking about? JavaScript? C#, VB?Anyhow, you can detect in an XML file exists the way you could check if any other file exists, since XML files are just ordinary files. If the fact you're using the application on a CD means the user is always presented with a message - no way around that. The user will have to allow you. Security measure.
I am talking about Javascript. How to accomplish whether file exists in javascript?

I am talking about Javascript. How to accomplish whether file exists in javascript?
I have no idea. JavaScript was never meant to deal with the file system. Perhaps with XMLHttpRequest objects?

I have no idea. JavaScript was never meant to deal with the file system. Perhaps with XMLHttpRequest objects?
Microsoft's parseError object can be used to retrieve error information from the Microsoft XML parser. This object shows error when we try to load a non-existing file (http://w3schools.com/dom/tryit.asp?filename=note_error). Is there a similar interface for mozilla firefox?

Archived