Regexp - Why does not found match?

Bananslovak

Hello, I have an trouble - my question is about regular expressions.Source:

$text = "</u>()text()";$search = "@(</u>)([^//1]*?)$@is";preg_match($search,$text,$out);print_r($out);

Output:

Array ( [0] => ()text() [1] => [2] => ()text() )

It's good. But if I enter "/" after second "(" in $text variable, output is empty. Look:Source:

$text = "</u>()text(/)";$search = "@(</u>)([^//1]*?)$@is";preg_match($search,$text,$out);print_r($out);

Output:

Array ( )

If I enter after second "(" any character (besides "/"), it works. Does somebody tell me where is an error? Because I don't know where is it. Thanks very much to answers! Bananslovak

I don't really see what are you trying to achieve, but... what's the

[^//1]

part? A negative lookahead for "//1"? If that was the intention, try to group it like

[^(//1)]

or try the other way of negative lookahead (which I think PCRE support) which is

(?!//1)

You've got me an idea, problem is [^//1], it's interval of characters of first group, and I wand to negative full string, not only characters.My intention is get substring, witch is after last group of entered characters, in example above they are "</u>". Example I have string first<u>second</u>third<u>fourth</u>fifth, and I want to got fifth because this is after last "</u>".What to do this? Select all after last appearance of entered substring?Thanks

This found substring after FIRST occurrence of </u>, but I want to found substring after LAST occurrence of </u>. In first<u>second</u>third<u>fourth</u>fifth your expression found third<u>fourth</u>fifth, because this is after FIRST "</u>". But I want found only fifth, I want found all of LAST, not FIRST occurrence of "</u>".Exist in regexp modifier, who set that expression found last match, not first match? This modifier exist in some PHP function who works with strings, but I forget her name. In regular expressions I don't found similar modifier.boen_robot thank you for struggle, but it don't help me.

I don't know what you really mean with this. U modifier doesn't change anything.I thing this is probably hard work for only regular expressions. I try combined regexps and PHP functions strrpos and substr, and it work.Thanks for all, we can lock this.

Archived