XML/XSL.Load from a different folder

ytrctb

Hi,I have been trying to do this but it doesn't work.I have Default.asp in folder \testpage\Default.aspI have an xml and xslt file in \testpage\xmlfiles\support.xml and \testpage\xmlfiles\support.xsltHow do I call those in Default.asp?I tried xml.load("\xmlfiles\support.xml")and a whole bunch of possible ways..I am using plain javascript on client side to do this: (based on w3school)<script type="text/javascript">// Load XML var xml = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")xml.async = falsexml.load("cdcatalog.xml")// Load XSLvar xsl = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")xsl.async = falsexsl.load("cdcatalog.xsl")// Transformdocument.write(xml.transformNode(xsl))</script>The script will only work for xml, xsl files in the same directory as the asp.It didnt say how to do it for xml xsl files in a different directory.Help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks a lot

Try to use a URL path instead i.e.

xml.load("xmlfiles/support.xml")

Note also the missing "/" at the start, as that leads you to the document root, and that location is not clear by your description, so it could be a problem.If you have ASP, why not use ASP to do the transformation BTW?

The locations in full are in:C:\Inepub\wwwroot\testpage\Default.aspC:\Inepub\wwwroot\testpage\xmlfiles\support.xml and support.xsltThe reason I am not using server side code is because there is some other javascript client code after the xml, xsl load that manipulates the data.

Archived