A dillemma I have.

Cloud Weaver

My first problem deals with frames. The backgrounds of my other HTML files are all black. I want to remove, completely, the lines around the frames. Whenever I try with <frameborder="0"> the lines simply turn white. Is there any way to make them turn black?My other is semi-related to above frames. I have a series of URLs in one document.

<a href="Aether Homepage.html" target ="Page">Home</a> <br><a href="Aether Sneak Peeks.html" target ="Page">Sneak Peeks</a> <br><a href="Aether Maps.html" target ="Page">Maps</a> <br><ul><li><a href="Aether Maps.html#FanMaul" target="Page">Fantasy Maul</a></li><li><a href="Aether Maps.html#WereGame" target="Page">Werewolf Game</a></li><li><a href="Aether Maps.html#VB" target="Page">Village Builder</a></li><li><a href="Aether Maps.html#LoaP" target="Page">LoaP</a></li></ul><a href="Aether Map Archives.html" target ="Page">Archives</a> <br>

In a second I have the frame settings

<frameset rows="20%,80%"><frame src= "banner.html" noresize="noresize"><frameset cols="86%, 14%"><frame src="Aether Homepage.html" noresize="noresize" name="Page"><frame src= "directory.html" noresize="noresize"></frameset></frameset>

The rest are just pages.I want to make the four links in the <ul></ul> disappear unless the other vertical frame is at "Aether Maps.html" Other note: The first HTML list, with all the URLs, came from directory.htmlIf there is another topic answering either of these questions please, tell me and I'll look at it.(edit: Added the codeboxes)

[...]If there is another topic answering either of these questions please, tell me and I'll look at it.
You'll be aware that there are advantages and disadvanteges to using frames... some reading this would prefer to achieve what you're doing with divs, CSS etc... but anyway, as you're using frames, there is a way to toggle those links on and off quite easily:1) Add an onclick attribute to each main link, referring to a new togglemaplinks function:
<a onclick="togglemaplinks(this)" href="Aether Homepage.html" target ="Page">Home</a> <br><a onclick="togglemaplinks(this)" href="Aether Sneak Peeks.html" target ="Page">Sneak Peeks</a> <br><a onclick="togglemaplinks(this)" href="Aether Maps.html" target ="Page">Maps</a> <br>

2) Put your <ul> in an invisible div:

<div id="maplinks" style="display:none"><ul><li><a href="Aether Maps.html#FanMaul" target="Page">Fantasy Maul</a></li><li><a href="Aether Maps.html#WereGame" target="Page">Werewolf Game</a></li><li><a href="Aether Maps.html#VB" target="Page">Village Builder</a></li><li><a href="Aether Maps.html#LoaP" target="Page">LoaP</a></li></ul></div>

3) Add the new maplinks function in a script block in the document <head>:

<script type="text/javascript">function togglemaplinks(anchor){	document.getElementById('maplinks').style.display = (anchor.innerHTML == 'Maps' ? 'block' : 'none');}</script>

As to the border question, I haven't worked with frameset borders for a while but I just found one with

<frameset framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0">

which shows no visible borders. If that doesn't help, have a look in the w3schools CSS and HTML references.

Archived