Advice for making a good webpage.

The Sea King

practise makes perfect (well..almost)Just keep practising. Everyone on here started off as a novice and everyone has bound to have made crappy looking pages to begin with. i certainly did. looking over them now and i think 'what the heck was i thinking?'Dont give up and keep at it..keep practising, experimenting with different colours..move things around a bit..try different images, different text sizes, colours, fonts..Alot of different variables go into how a webpage looks.So..just practise and test those different variables. dont give up.:)

Also, it sometimes helps to look at other people's websites and also templates, try pulling them apart and seeing how they work.

If it's got many different articles on one page (The preview won't open) add a directory like this.on every header,

<h1><a name="Insert Text Here">Header name you had before</a>

And in a compiled list,

<a href="#Insert same Text Here">Link Name</a><br>

I find that if very useful for large documents but still has a few bugs I need to work out. Like my question in the Table Help page. How to put the directory so it stays in the page instead of remaining at the top.

Your hosting provider is running a cAsE sEnSiTiVe web server - be sure to check all the references you code - web page links, image links, stylesheets and javascript references, etc. Good rule of thumb is to always make everything lowercase and use an underscore "_" in place of any spaces you feel compelled to use.

If it's got many different articles on one page (The preview won't open) add a directory like this.on every header,
<h1><a name="Insert Text Here">Header name you had before</a>

And in a compiled list,

<a href="#Insert same Text Here">Link Name</a><br>

I find that if very useful for large documents but still has a few bugs I need to work out. Like my question in the Table Help page. How to put the directory so it stays in the page instead of remaining at the top.

Thanks! I find that very useful. :)

Archived