Making the size of a window

The Sea King

The toolbar can only be set before the window is opened.If you want to empty the window (I notice 'location=no') you can try:window.location.href = "about:blank";About other properties:window.personalbar = 0;window.statusbar = 0;window.menubar = 0;window.scrollbars = 0;There's no resizeable property for an existing window, but this script might be able to fix that:window.onresize = function() {return false;window.resizeTo(W,H); //W and H were defined in the script I showed you before}The window should maintain its history if you're not opening a new window.

<script type="text/javascript">window.location.href = "about:window.personalbar = 0;window.statusbar = 0;window.menubar = 0;window.scrollbars = 0;";window.onresize = function() {W = 600;H = 425;window.resizeTo(W,H);}</script>

Maybe rather than using 0, false may be better:For example: window.menubar = falseAnd if that doesn't work try "no", but that doesn't really make much sense to me.

<script type="text/javascript">window.location.href = "about:window.personalbar = 0;window.statusbar = 0;window.menubar = 0;window.scrollbars = 0;";window.onresize = function() {return false;window.resizeTo(W,H);W = 600;H = 425;window.resizeTo(W,H);</script>
Do you need it to be javascript?
<script type="text/javascript">window.location.href = "about:window.personalbar = 0;window.statusbar = 0;window.menubar = 0;window.scrollbars = 0;";window.onresize = function() {W = 600;H = 425;window.resizeTo(W,H);}</script>

the window.location.href will change the URL, so if your making the URL different change the code to

top.location.replace

<script type="text/javascript">top.location.replace = "about:window.personalbar = FALSE;window.statusbar = FALSE;window.menubar = FALSE;window.scrollbars = FALSE;";window.onresize = functionRESIZE() {W = 600;H = 425;window.resizeTo(W,H);}</script>

Try that code. If it doesn't work try 'NULL' instead of FALSE. If that doesn't work tell me then -.-

Does anybody realise the problem is this?:= "about:I wrote = "about: blank" in the original code. All those who have been revising my code and know something should have been aware of this.

Does anybody realise the problem is this?:= "about:
Yeah, justsomeguy pointed that out a few posts ago.
If you want to empty the window (I notice 'location=no') you can try:window.location.href = "about:blank";
Another way to clear the screen, if that's what you are trying to do, is to run something like this after the page has loaded:
function clearScreen(){	document.open();	document.write("");	document.close();}

Archived