Quick Math related question

Praetorian

Quick question that I'm sure has an easy answer.I'm using javascript to do the math on a form and show people their sub-total. I can't figure out how to get the price result to show an extra zero at the end. At the moment, it shows up as .5 instead of .50.Here's the script. Thanks in advance for the help.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">	function SetPrice(){	if (isNaN(frm.ad_duration.value)) {		alert("Please Enter Numeric Value for Ad Duration.");	frm.ad_duration.value=1;		frm.ad_duration.focus();	//	return (false);	}		if(frm.ad_type[0].checked){		if(frm.ad_time_type[0].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*2);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[1].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*7*2);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[2].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*30*2);}	}	if(frm.ad_type[1].checked){		if(frm.ad_time_type[0].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*1);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[1].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*7*1);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[2].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*30*1);}	}	if(frm.ad_type[2].checked){		if(frm.ad_time_type[0].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*.75);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[1].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*7*.75);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[2].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*30*.75);}	}		if(frm.ad_type[3].checked){		if(frm.ad_time_type[0].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*.25);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[1].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*7*.25);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[2].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*30*.25);}	}	if(frm.ad_type[4].checked){		if(frm.ad_time_type[0].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*.50);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[1].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*7*.50);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[2].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*30*.50);}	}		if(frm.ad_type[5].checked){		if(frm.ad_time_type[0].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*.50);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[1].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*7*.50);}		if(frm.ad_time_type[2].checked){	javaprice=parseFloat(document.frm.ad_duration.value*30*.50);}	}		document.frm.total_price.value=javaprice;document.frm.total_price1.value=javaprice;}	adtype();	SetPrice();</script>

[...] I can't figure out how to get the price result to show an extra zero at the end. At the moment, it shows up as .5 instead of .50 [...]
I don't think javascript has any built-in number-formatting functions--you just use the weakly-typed nature of the language and perform string operations on the variable:
var i = 0.5;document.write(i + "0");

If your number could be, say, 0.55, then after appending the zero, you can use indexof() to locate the decimal point and substr() to truncate to 2 decimal places.

Archived