my new(bie) website

yz-s

dear all,This is my new website and I’m trying to make it as good as possible and therefore I need your help. :)My website is still under development and only the homepage and the blog section work but my main concern is my lack of web develop skills. I could really use tips as I am a newbie at making websites. At this point my main concern are the lay-out and the use of my css and xhtml. But any tips are welcome.Here’s the linkyakuza-incthanks a bunch

I think the site looks great, but I have a problem with the large white header and the large empty white box under the main content. The white is too bright compared to the black and dark gray creating a very sharp contrast which 'burn' my eyes. In addition to that, it steals the focus from the content as the human eye will always seek the brighter spots. The way it is now the most dominating focal points are the header and the white space under the content, so I have to force myself to focus on the main text. Perhaps the header could be kept as bright as it is, but I would have toned down the empty white box at the bottom, so the the content is not 'sandwiched' between the two white boxes.

This is how it looks in IE6. I'm theres something wrong, look at the headline of the first story and it also looks as though some of it has shifted left off the screen.yakuza.JPG

Yeah well, upgrade, No i will look into it, as I will look into the white bar. thanks a bunch people

This is how it looks in IE6. I'm theres something wrong, look at the headline of the first story and it also looks as though some of it has shifted left off the screen.yakuza.JPG

Archived