Stylesheets not available

kurt.santo

Having two divs with almost identical information (one for web, the other for print) I wondered if there is a way to hide one of them when both stylesheets are not available. I did this with two different header images (again one for print, one for web), which works well as I can just place one of them as background image. Thought along the lines "a:after{content:" ("attr(href) ")";}", but this is only for links, isn't it? How do you guys make sure one of the divs (the one for print when looking at the screen/the one for web when printing) does not show when stylesheets are not available? I would rather not produce a bg graphic for that purpose...Kurt

I would argue that the better solution would be to only have one div rather than two with "almost" identical information which is styled, by default, to be displayed on screen. Then, in the print stylesheet, hide/show the content that you only want visible on the printed version.Barring that, I don't really have any advice for you on how to deal with browsers that don't allow stylesheets.

I would argue that the better solution would be to only have one div rather than two with "almost" identical information which is styled, by default, to be displayed on screen. Then, in the print stylesheet, hide/show the content that you only want visible on the printed version.Barring that, I don't really have any advice for you on how to deal with browsers that don't allow stylesheets.
Makes sense. I might create divs inside footer, which can be hidden via the print style sheet... Cheers, good idea...Kurt

Archived