Padding issues with nested list

kurt.santo

I have a nested list and applied a cheat to let it appear as the main list. I had the problem that the bottom border of the lists items in the nested list would not extend the left and right padding of the main list, so I set them both to 0. And hurray the border would stretch all the way! But only then I realised that obviously all the text was squashed up against the left side and inserted two " s". Surely there must be another way, mustn't it?KurtActually, just thinking of jshaslip: the link is under http://www.jalp.co.uk/testing/listing/layout2.htm

It looks like you have a couple definitions that are over-riding previous definitions.I was able to edit this:#mainNav li to bump the text in some.it was:0px;padding:4px 0px 4px 0px;i did this:0px;padding:4px 0px 4px 10px;

It looks like you have a couple definitions that are over-riding previous definitions.I was able to edit this:#mainNav li to bump the text in some.it was:0px;padding:4px 0px 4px 0px;i did this:0px;padding:4px 0px 4px 10px;
I tried your example, but as soon as you take the 2 " s" before listing text out I am back to square one :) Kurt

I tried your example, but as soon as you take the 2 " s" before listing text out I am back to square one :) Kurt
Finally found the solution and feel stupid I have not figured that out before... What I did was to apply "left-padding" of 10px to list items of parent and child list, but added a "left-margin" of -10px to the li of the child list... Works well:-)Kurt

Archived