I want to know about web promotion. what is webpromotion?

lak

Isn't that promoting a product through a website? So, say you have a company that sells boots, then you can create a website that advertises your boots :)

Isn't that promoting a product through a website? So, say you have a company that sells boots, then you can create a website that advertises your boots :)
can i ask some questions reg. web promotion.1) i ve collected some details reg. web promotionFrom that i knew that web promotion includes optimization. what is meant by optimization, can't we do promotion without optimzation.2)whether optimization is a time taking process and very important one in website promotion?

From that i knew that web promotion includes optimization. what is meant by optimization, can't we do promotion without optimzation.
You mean optimization as in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)? That means making your website so it appears very high on search engine ranking, and is very important when doing promotion online, as most people find their web pages through search engine nowadays. If your website selling boots has poor SEO, for example, then when someone searches for "boots" your website will appear on page 100 or something, and no-one would ever find it :) . You can do promotion via the web from an un-optimized page, but good luck about getting customers!
2)whether optimization is a time taking process and very important one in website promotion?
As aforementioned SEO is very important, however if done properly does not have to be extremely time-comsuming. I don't know too much about SEO, but I'm sure some other people on these forums could tell you more.

The real way for search engine optimization is:- Make your pages navigatable by googlebots (No flash links or links dynamically created by javascript, a valid HTML page)- Have reciprocate links (you link to a page, they link back) to as many places as you can.- The longer your site has been around the more search engines will like it.

You mean optimization as in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)? That means making your website so it appears very high on search engine ranking, and is very important when doing promotion online, as most people find their web pages through search engine nowadays. If your website selling boots has poor SEO, for example, then when someone searches for "boots" your website will appear on page 100 or something, and no-one would ever find it :) . You can do promotion via the web from an un-optimized page, but good luck about getting customers!As aforementioned SEO is very important, however if done properly does not have to be extremely time-comsuming. I don't know too much about SEO, but I'm sure some other people on these forums could tell you more.
whether search engine optimization & web promotion are dependent each? or two concepts are different

You could code and write your content for search engine optimization without doing any web promoting. Simply put, you can do web promoting without search engine optimization, but you will get far better results if you do both and you do both correct.Web promoting is a rather ambiguous term. It could include any means to promote an website (online and offline) or if could be restricted to just web based marketing - search engine placement, banner ads, directory listings, press releases, etc.Optimization is something fairly complex, arguably an art form in itself. General rules of thumb include,

• 5% to 10% of your page content can include keywords
  • use <h1> tags once per page, all others as often as you like
  • avoid javascript as any form of navigation
  • validate pages make it easier for search engines to spider
  • and more

Link exchanges can actually hurt your pages - they produce links that are not relevent or meaningful references. A game site linking to a game site doesn't increase the "value" of either site. A news site or blog referencing a game siteis likely to be better.

Archived