Obtaining new numbers from a randomly filled dynamic array

bilwebore

Obtaining new numbers from a randomly filled dynamic arrayThe following code generates a list of random numbers and displays them on the html page.<html><body><pre><script language="vbscript">Dim RanNum() ReDim RanNum(10)document.writeln("Check 1: Is RanNum an array? " & IsArray(RanNum))document.writeln("Random Numbers:")For i = 0 To 10RandomNumber = Int(50 * Rnd())x = RandomNumberRanNum(i) = xdocument.writeln(" " & i & "=" & RanNum(i))Next 'Erase RanNum(10) </SCRIPT></pre></body></html>When I rerun the program the members of the array never change. I expect to get new random numbers each time!I have placed the "erase" function at numerous places in the code, to no avail. How can I get this code to generate and print new numbers each time the program is run?Bill

...When I rerun the program the members of the array never change. I expect to get new random numbers each time!I have placed the "erase" function at numerous places in the code, to no avail. How can I get this code to generate and print new numbers each time the program is run?Bill
In the computing world, there's a tradition of random not being random unless you take some extra action to make it so! In VBScript, you need to use the Randomize statement. It says about it here in the tutorial.

Archived