Best multi-language option/simple CMS

kurt.santo

Following up two of my previous posts concerning multi-language website I would like to check what is the better option:I learned that I could use include files for navigation and content or that I could get relevant language fields from two files (one for each language). If I had to convert a pure HTML/CSS site with five languages (maybe more in future), which option would you consider the best option with regard to maintenance? Also, if at some stage we were to convert the site into a simple CMS system, so my mate can update the whole thing himself what would be the best option to "future-proof" the whole thing?Kurt

Set it up with each language in it's own folder. The folder structures of the languages should be the same, with the same files in them. That way if you want to add a new language you can just add a new folder with all the content files in it that are in that language, it separates the languages. So you would include files like this:include "include/{$lang}/header.php";

Set it up with each language in it's own folder. The folder structures of the languages should be the same, with the same files in them. That way if you want to add a new language you can just add a new folder with all the content files in it that are in that language, it separates the languages. So you would include files like this:include "include/{$lang}/header.php";
So, the way forward are include files stored cleverly into their own language folders... Cheers, will set it up as adviced:-)Kurt

Archived