Help Structuring Website

TOpham

Hello, im having problems structuring a website, as i used to use tabless that Photoshop produced and worked from there. Now i want to learn how structure a website without tables. If anyone can give a little of there spare time to help i would be very grateful. Im one of those ppl who has to be shown to be able to do it, so explaining to me will make me :) . This is the website im trying to Structure:- http://www.tops-hosting.co.uk/VS-UK%20Website%20copy.jpgIF ur able to help add me to msn and say who ur are, my msn is mathew.topham2@ntlworld.com.Thanks in advance.Mathew

Well, If you're using a tableless layout (which is a perfect way to go) you need to use DIVs, margining, and padding. Once you really get into it, you might want to use absolute positioning, although I ran into problems with that. Use CSS for all your positioning, colors, alignment, and other layout needs. Also, jsut a hint, try to make your page no wider than 800px because if it's wider, people with 800 x 600 resolution will have to scoll over to see all the content. There are ways around this, but for now, just try to make it no wider than 800 px. If you run into problems, ask specific questions so myself and others can understand and help best. Good luck with your site and I hope everything works for you.

Well, If you're using a tableless layout (which is a perfect way to go) you need to use DIVs, margining, and padding. Once you really get into it, you might want to use absolute positioning, although I ran into problems with that. Use CSS for all your positioning, colors, alignment, and other layout needs. Also, jsut a hint, try to make your page no wider than 800px because if it's wider, people with 800 x 600 resolution will have to scoll over to see all the content. There are ways around this, but for now, just try to make it no wider than 800 px. If you run into problems, ask specific questions so myself and others can understand and help best. Good luck with your site and I hope everything works for you.
Yes, that is true.You may also want to use Inline Spans, line breaks,section headers . . .

Archived