Simon says tutorial needed

grappy

hi, well i have a school project on flash, and as part of it i must create several games; anyway i couldnt find a tutorial for a simple simon says game, so i was wondering if any1 had a tutorial or something that i could follow loosely to achieve the results i need.Thanks in advance

Well, you first need a basic knowledge of every kind of programming. Flash uses Actionscript. But if you truly know real programming no language should be difficult to learn.You need to learn how to convert what you want done into an algorhythm that the machine can understand.

i have knowledge of programming languages, experience in Java Javascript PHP, ASP, SQL, XML(x-form and such aswell)m but not action script and dont really have a great deal of interest in it, and not a great amount of time to do things in either

You should be able to apply most of what you know with Javascript towards Actionscript, in terms of planning the logic for the game. The object model in Actionscript is a little different (and a lot weird), but you should be able to use the built-in help in Flash to familiarize yourself with that. For all of its confusion and other failings, Flash has one of the better built-in help systems I've used.

ActionScript is slightly similar to Java, but has lots of Flash-specific functions.

Archived