I have a Problem With Resizing

mshark190

I am making a website for a business i am starting, and i consists of two horizontal frames, and the bottom frame has a navigation frame within itself. everything works great, but when i switch to a smaller screen size, all of the frames get scrollbars, when the only frame i want to have scrollbars is the half of the bottom frame... is there any way to fix this? thank you so much if you can help me :)

I am making a website for a business i am starting, and i consists of two horizontal frames, and the bottom frame has a navigation frame within itself. everything works great, but when i switch to a smaller screen size, all of the frames get scrollbars, when the only frame i want to have scrollbars is the half of the bottom frame... is there any way to fix this? thank you so much if you can help me :)
You can control it by setting scrolling="no" in the <frame> element. (info)Also, as an alternative to html frames, consider html divs.

well i tried the scrolling="no" and it didnt scroll but it just cut off the page... what is html divs? oh btw thank you for helping me
There are other <frame> attributes you can set (see previous link).The <div> tag defines a division/section in a document. If you view the source of many web pages (including the one you're viewing this reply on) you will find loads of divs. People use them to divide the content up into areas in much the same way you can do with frames, but with better control and styling. Have a look around the tutorials--there's not much on the div page but it's a starting-point and you can use the links from there.

There are other <frame> attributes you can set (see previous link).The <div> tag defines a division/section in a document. If you view the source of many web pages (including the one you're viewing this reply on) you will find loads of divs. People use them to divide the content up into areas in much the same way you can do with frames, but with better control and styling. Have a look around the tutorials--there's not much on the div page but it's a starting-point and you can use the links from there.
thanks man ill take a look :)

Archived