PHP Parameter help

guitar idiot

Ok, I'm completely new at this whole parameter thing like this http://www.dfsdfBlah.com?id=453454Like thatNow to access it i just use a $_GET, right?but the only i see how i can do that is to right it like thisheader('Location: next.php?id=4');I can't seem to do this ('Location: next.php?id=' .$id);When I do i get (in the location bar) http://localhost/my/next.php?id= Theres nothing therehow can do it with a variable value or whatever? without having to spell it out completely And the reason for parameters is to pass a variable onto another page right?

Most likely you haven't defined $id before so it appears empty.
<?phpsession_start(); $db_host = 'localhost'; $db_user = 'root'; $db_pass ='greencar'; $db_db = 'user'; if (isset($_POST['username'])) { $db_link = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_pass) or die('MySQL Connection Error:' .mysql_error()); mysql_select_db($db_db) or die('Error'); $username = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['username']); $password = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['password']); $result = mysql_query("SELECT username, password FROM user WHERE username = '$username' AND password = '$password ' "); $query_row=mysql_fetch_array($result);$user = $query_row['username'];$pass = $query_row['password'];$id = $query_row['ID'];if($username!='' and $password!='') {if($username===$user and $password===$pass) {$_SESSION['username'] = $username;header("Location: next.php?id=' + $id);echo 'Login Successful';} else {header( 'Location: start.php' );<?phpsession_start(); $db_host = 'localhost'; $db_user = 'root'; $db_pass ='greencar'; $db_db = 'user'; if (isset($_POST['username'])) { $db_link = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_pass) or die('MySQL Connection Error:' .mysql_error()); mysql_select_db($db_db) or die('Error'); $username = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['username']); $password = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['password']); $result = mysql_query("SELECT username, password FROM user WHERE username = '$username' AND password = '$password ' "); $query_row=mysql_fetch_array($result);$user = $query_row['username'];$pass = $query_row['password'];$id = $query_row['ID'];if($username!='' and $password!='') {if($username===$user and $password===$pass) {$_SESSION['username'] = $username;header("Location: next.php?id=' + $id);echo 'Login Successful';} else {header( 'Location: start.php' );$bob = '<p class="error"> Invalid, Usernames and Passwords ARE case sensitive.</p>';}}else {header('Location: start.php');$_SESSION['error'] = '<p id="error">Invalid, Usernames and Passwords ARE case sensitive.</p> ';}mysql_close($db_link);}else {header( 'Location: start.php' ) ;$_SESSION['error'] = '<p id="error">Invalid, Usernames and Passwords ARE case sensitive.</p> ';}?><html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"href="main.css" /></head><body></body></html> = '<p class="error"> Invalid, Usernames and Passwords ARE case sensitive.</p>';}}else {header('Location: start.php');$_SESSION['error'] = '<p id="error">Invalid, Usernames and Passwords ARE case sensitive.</p> ';}mysql_close($db_link);}else {header( 'Location: start.php' ) ;$_SESSION['error'] = '<p id="error">Invalid, Usernames and Passwords ARE case sensitive.</p> ';}?><html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"href="main.css" /></head><body></body></html>I already defined $id, i know because when you get to the next.php page it prints $id

Oh! now I get it!You don't use the + operator for concatenation in PHP, you use a . .header("Location: next.php?id=' + $id); //wrongheader("Location: next.php?id=' . $id); //right

I don't know if this will help but I notice you have a single quote instead of a double quote at the end of the string.Try header("Location: next.php?id=" . $id);And if not, then the problem must be with the $id variable.

I don't know if this will help but I notice you have a single quote instead of a double quote at the end of the string.Try header("Location: next.php?id=" . $id);And if not, then the problem must be with the $id variable.
I did a test, and yeah its the id var.

I did a test, and yeah its the id var.
I fixed it $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM user WHERE username = '$username' AND password = '$password ' "); $query_row=mysql_fetch_array($result);$user = $query_row['username'];$pass = $query_row['password'];$id = $query_row['ID']; <------Right here, the column was called "Id" not "ID"Thanks for the help

Archived