copying sql database to hard drive

louandel

If your host gives you a tool like phpMyAdmin to use, you can use that to export the database to a file. If they don't, then you will have to find a script online to export a MySQL database to a SQL file. I guess I assume you're using MySQL, your host might give you another tool other then phpMyAdmin if you're using a different database.

If your host gives you a tool like phpMyAdmin to use, you can use that to export the database to a file. If they don't, then you will have to find a script online to export a MySQL database to a SQL file. I guess I assume you're using MySQL, your host might give you another tool other then phpMyAdmin if you're using a different database.
No, im using asp.net 2.0, and sql server management express. But i guess unless anyone else has any ideas, its back to my host?louandel

If you can't use SQL Server management express to export the database you'll probably need to look for a script that can export a database to a SQL file. But when Microsoft uses a word like "express" it usually means "we left out all the stuff that we want to charge you for".

Archived