Simple Question

BNole

My code below works (thanks to you guys). However, I only want there to be those final two line breaks if it ISN'T the last row to be printed. In this example, Row 5 shouldn't have line breaks at the end. Do I need to add another loop / if to check this...or am I missing a simpler solution? Thanks.

<?php    $con = mysql_connect("localhost","*****","*****");        if (!$con)            {                die('Could Not Connect: ' . mysql_error());            }        mysql_select_db("firecoac_firecoachtiller", $con);        $result = mysql_query("SELECT comments, signature FROM fanthefire ORDER BY added DESC LIMIT 0, 6", $con);        while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))            {                echo '<div class="letter">';	echo '"';	echo $row['comments'];	echo '"';	echo '</div>';	echo '<div class="signature">';	echo '- ';	echo $row['signature'];	echo '</div><br /><br />';            }    mysql_close($con);?>

You could increment a variable and use mysql_num_rows() to check whether you are at the end

<?php$con = mysql_connect("localhost","*****","*****");if (!$con){die('Could Not Connect: ' . mysql_error());}mysql_select_db("firecoac_firecoachtiller", $con);$result = mysql_query("SELECT comments, signature FROM fanthefire ORDER BY added DESC LIMIT 0, 6", $con);$rownum = 1;while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){echo '<div class="letter">';echo '"';echo $row['comments'];echo '"';echo '</div>';echo '<div class="signature">';echo '- ';echo $row['signature'];if ($rownum++ != mysql_num_rows($result)) echo '</div><br /><br />';}mysql_close($con);

hy, somebody can tell me how i put request, exemple, i want to make one registration page, and i put there username, password and email, but if i complete username and password it its work, but i want to dont work, you know what i mean, must be complete all for be successful....and i dont know how to do it..help

You could increment a variable and use mysql_num_rows() to check whether you are at the end
You can also just put the line breaks on every one and then use substr at the end to remove the last two characters.$string = substr($string, 0, -2);

Archived