Dropdown to update querystring

kurt.santo

Have a site where you need to use proprietary script tags to get the relevant info from a database elsewhere (Netsuite scripts). All fine, pass the relevant ids from the nav bar to show the relevant products. Now, a new requirement came up. We have for same product different sizes and therefore different prices.What would be the best option to update this kind of information? Would it be an idea to have a drop-down menu with sizes from where you pass the relevant ids for those sizes to update the price and size (photos and description are the same). As we had not too many products we have used a plain html/css sidebar, but now it looks we need to store how items are related somehow. Otherwise, you would not know if you need to display a dropdown (if that is the way forward) with the relevant id for querystring. It would be great to receive some feedback from you guys.Kurt

Instead of a dropdown you'll probably just want a list of the sizes with a text box to enter the price. The name of the text box can include the ID for the size so you know which size goes with which price when the page gets submitted.

with a text box to enter the price
justsomeguy,Thank you for your reply. What do you mean by "with a text box to enter the price"? Why would enter the price? I probably did not explain properly what I am after:Some of the products have different size options, where for each size of a product there is a different price. I kind of need to find a solution to test if there are other than the "normal" sizes and if yes, then to display an option to update the product data (mainly price and size, where size come into three different fields for width, height and depth). Photos and other description stays the same as such.I hope I was a bit clearer this time...Kurt

How do you get information from the database? Do you include a Javascript file or something that gets the product data?
I have to use a script, which is used by Netsuite. If you use "<script src='http://shopping.netsuite.com/app/site/query/getitemweight.nl?c=448585&n=1&id=36'>" for example you get the weight of the item with id=36.Kurt

For a single item, what are all the scripts necessary to get all of the attributes for that item?
Each product has its unique id, child/parent relationships do not work on external sites (what our site is). There is no script that would reference a product relating to another one. For a single item we have a script for name, description, width, depth, height, price and buy button. They are all similar. The only distinguishing part is the "getitemweight" bit and obviously the end bit with the relevant id. The script for the price would replace "getitemweight" with "getitemprice" as such. I hope I make sense...Kurt

I understand that, but what are you having problems with? Can't you use a script to get the options for the product and display everything on the page?
The problem is that "the options" are not treated as options, but as a different items (including name, description, price etc). There is no script for options of a product, only scripts for products or better said the details of a product...Kurt

You need some way to associate the different IDs to match products with options. I haven't used that service before so I don't know what they provide, but if you don't have a way to know which options go with which products there's not really a practical way to get the options for the product.

You need some way to associate the different IDs to match products with options. I haven't used that service before so I don't know what they provide, but if you don't have a way to know which options go with which products there's not really a practical way to get the options for the product.
Thank you for your input. I will check with my friend again. He knows the system itself a bit better and might be able to point me in the right direction...Kurt

Archived