Please criticise my website

o_oe

Firstly, it loads very slowly for me. Maybe for broadband users it is a fast site, but with the 75.54 KB banner image it was a very slow experience for me. Perhaps some image compression won't go amiss.Try to use a san-serif or screen-optimized font such as Verdana, as research has shown that these types of fonts are easier to read on-screen (though serif fonts are easier to read on paper).Please - don't use animated GIFs. The scrolling text is alright (on the front page only), but that globe looks very unprofessional to me and the S.E.O. image is just annoying. Also, try to use as little images (or Flash documents) of text as possible, as search engines can't read these, and therefore you get lower rankings.I don't know whether English is your strongest language, but a little proof-reading would not go amiss. There are quite a few grammatical inconsistencies - take for example the SEO text. Try reading it out loud: "Beamz International clients enjoy enhance your website popularity." Hmm... "Beamz International clients enjoy enhanced website popularity" might be better. Try reading through all your content, I'm sure you will find many things you can make read better, particularly in the CSS/XHTML box.In the "CSS/XHTML" part down the bottom of the index page, the internet regulatory body is the World Wide Web Consortium, not Company.Perhaps a different background for the content as opposed to the page background would be nice and help highlight content.Also, make sure your pages are valid. After all, you are advertising a service for "professionally built" websites, and your home page sets the example.Try not to have spaces in filenames (as in http://www.beamzintl.com/contact%20us.htm).On the profile and demo pages, the navigation buttons are forced onto a second line (in FF 2)Finally, I think that the navigation buttons feel a bit out of place, perhaps making them blue (like the banner) and flipping them vertically would be better.

Not too keen on the site, looks a little thrown together without any planning. Agreeing with synook, the font isn't very appealing and doesn't fit the banner, nav or the flash scrolling text. The nav doesn't seem to fit in at all either.Also the "search engine optimization" rollover image doesn't appear correctly.By the way, how can you guarantee.. "Over 50,000 daily real viewers", and"Place your site on the first page of google today"? Not to mention that your own couter's at 132...I'd suggest redesigning the site, or redoing your current design with big improvements and more planning on the layout and structure.- Adam

Archived