menu issue

bluetoother

i know i can hide and display when user move his mouse over a div tag using its style ( display:none , block ) .but when i made my first menu in my web site i didnt know how to control the position of the div tag .so i had to give every tag a fixed ( absolute ) position ex: x= , y=and i had to add a function that change each tag position when the user re-size the window , but this didnt solve every thing .how can others handle this issue so the menu for example remain next to the div tag that display it ,even when the user scroll the page up - down , right - left ?any easy examples , tutorials ?

i know i can hide and display when user move his mouse over a div tag using its style ( display:none , block ) .but when i made my first menu in my web site i didnt know how to control the position of the div tag .so i had to give every tag a fixed ( absolute ) position ex: x= , y=and i had to add a function that change each tag position when the user re-size the window , but this didnt solve every thing .how can others handle this issue so the menu for example remain next to the div tag that display it ,even when the user scroll the page up - down , right - left ?any easy examples , tutorials ?
Sounds like you've already identified that the problem is the absolute positioning--I think you'll need go back and rework it to use relative positioning to fix this problem. http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_positioning.asp

Archived