Embedding MIDI with <object> tags

Ingolme

Hello, I didn't think I'd be asking for much help here, but I've encountered a problem which I can not solve.I want to embed MIDI files to my site, but they aren't working. I made a code that works at least in Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP.However, a friend of mine using Vista can not see the MIDI file. Apparently, Vista simply won't play embedded MIDI files with the Windows Media Player plug-in. For a few months I solved it using the Quicktime plugin by changing the classid attribute. But some Windows update or something has caused a problem and the Quicktime player won't display right in Internet Explorer in Windows XP nor Windows Vista.Again, as a temporary solution, I switched back to the Windows Media Player plugin and it works properly in Windows XP. But Windows Vista will not play the embedded MIDI file.The page URL is *Link removed (problem solved, see edit below)*Here I provide the two codes I've used:Quicktime plugin code:

<!-- Internet Explorer code --><object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" style="width: 500px; height: 50px;">   <param name='src' value='/midi/evening_star.mid' />   <param name='autostart' value='false' />   <param name='ShowControls' value='True' />   <param name='ShowStatusBar' value='True' />   <param name='ShowDisplay' value='False' />   <param name='DefaultFrame' value='Slide' />   <!-- Firefox and other browsers -->   <object type="audio/midi" data="/midi/evening_star.mid" style="width: 500px; height: 16px;">      <param name='src' value='/midi/evening_star.mid' />      <param name='autostart' value='false' />      <param name='ShowControls' value='True' />      <param name='ShowStatusBar' value='True' />      <param name='ShowDisplay' value='False' />      <param name='DefaultFrame' value='Slide' />      You don't have a browser plug-in that supports MIDI   </object>   <!--       --></object>

Using Windows Media Player plugin for Internet Explorer

<!-- Internet Explorer --><object classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" style="width: 500px; height: 50px;">   <param name='FileName' value='/midi/evening_star.mid' />   <param name='AutoStart' value='0' />   <!-- Firefox and other browsers -->   <object type="audio/midi" data="/midi/evening_star.mid" style="width: 500px; height: 16px;">      <param name='src' value='/midi/evening_star.mid' />      <param name='autostart' value='false' />      <param name='ShowControls' value='True' />      <param name='ShowStatusBar' value='True' />      <param name='ShowDisplay' value='False' />      <param name='DefaultFrame' value='Slide' />      You don't have a browser plug-in that supports MIDI   </object></object>

EDIT:OK, I have no idea what happened but it's working again properly using the Quicktime plug-in.I don't know what was the problem because both I and two other people couldn't see it using Internet Explorer on both Windows XP and Windows Vista.Hopefully this won't happen again.

Archived