Help with Table overflow. scroll.

Dragonesskirra

ok i know there is probably some easy simple way i overlooked ....but then again its tables and they are giving me a migraine...heres a sample page of my site. http://www.geocities.com/gray.rainbows/staff.htmli have a table with the title in one box and the content in the other and i just want the overflow to go in scrolly mode and agree with what im doing for once XPi also work in dreamweaver ... so if either that or the traditional ways if anyone can just tell me...thats all i need to learn is how to get the scroll bar on that table or if there is some ubersimple way that i most likely overlooked .....sigh....i just want a box with a scrollbar on my page that i can easily move around whenever i decide to want to.i will love you forever if anyone helps me with this. T__T

In order to make it have a scroll bar on overflow you'll need to modify this line:<td height="289" align="center" class="style1">And make it look like this:<td class="style1">And then change the CSS :(by the way, I recommend an alternate font, my computer doesn't have "Batik Regular" and is using Times New Roman).style1 {font-family: "Batik Regular",Arial;height: 289px;text-align: center;}On another subject... tables aren't the professional way to define a layout.

In order to make it have a scroll bar on overflow you'll need to modify this line:<td height="289" align="center" class="style1">And make it look like this:<td class="style1">And then change the CSS :(by the way, I recommend an alternate font, my computer doesn't have "Batik Regular" and is using Times New Roman).style1 {font-family: "Batik Regular",Arial;height: 289px;text-align: center;}On another subject... tables aren't the professional way to define a layout.
thankx ^__^ ...is there a better way i could make that page look the way it does without using tables then....i would love that.... but im not too good with the whole thing...

There is a better way, only it requires changing your whole idea of layout. It's entering the world of positioning <div> and <span> tags through CSS.Just as an example of how it works:

<html><head><style type="text/css">.h {width: 90%;height: 200px;border: 1px solid red;position: absolute;top: 50px;right: 5%;}</style></head><body><div class="h">This is a basic container styled with CSS</div></body></html>

Archived