Forum Images

guitar idiot

Ok I have my own forums I made using php code, but have encountered one problem, you know how they have the pictures when the post? Well I got that part down, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get to shrink down to an appropriate size. Ive tried dividing the height and width values but if its a big image it looks fine but if its a small one it looks like a speck. Any Help?Another thing I'm trying to do is you know inW3schools forums(these forums) when you put the code tags around something it displays different, is there anyway I can do that in mine?Thanks

I've tried dividing the height and width values but if its a big image it looks fine but if its a small one it looks like a speck.
Check the image size before you resize it, if it's small enough you don't need to resize it.
Another thing I'm trying to do is you know inW3schools forums(these forums) when you put the code tags around something it displays different, is there anyway I can do that in mine?
Do a Google search for BBCode, there are implementations you can use.

Another thing I'm trying to do is you know inW3schools forums(these forums) when you put the code tags around something it displays different, is there anyway I can do that in mine?
Or you could make your own implementation, using regular expressions it is quite simple e.g.
$text = preg_replace("/\[code\](.*?)\[\/code\]/i", "<div class=\"code\">$1</div>", $text);

Archived