link states

Brendon Branigin

Remove the <a> tag?Then it's no longer a link, it's just plan textI really don't get what you mean by "a link that is not a link".Either it's a link or it isn't O_o

Ill try to explain it better: the following navigation followsHome About Products Contactthey are all text links styled with css, if a user is currently viewing the "About" page I dont want them to be able to click the about button

Ah, I see the point. I don't think there's any way to achieve this with CSS though. As Eric mentioned a link is either a link or isn't. The only things between are a hover link and an active link(a one that's been just clicked on).To achieve what you want you must either use some script that will identify the the current page and remove the "a" tag then, or manually remove the a tag on every XHTML at the appropriate places.

Ah, I see the point. I don't think there's any way to achieve this with CSS though. As Eric mentioned a link is either a link or isn't. The only things between are a hover link and an active link(a one that's been just clicked on).To achieve what you want you must either use some script that will identify the the current page and remove the "a" tag then, or manually remove the a tag on every XHTML at the appropriate places.

Alright, thanks for the information