A little question

The Sea King

Guest FirefoxRocks

I highly recommend using PHP or ASP includes as suggested above but you can do it with iframes too (but I do not recommend that since <object> doesn't work properly in IE and <iframe> is deprecated).

1:Do we have to put the exact url of the file?
Relative URLs are fine.
2:How do we do Iframe?
<iframe src="menufile.html" style="height:500px; width:200px; "></iframe>

But a server-side solution is far better.

If you're able to use a server-side language like PHP, that would be much much much betterIf you have you're menu in an iframe...well, that just sucksIt's not even 100 % sure that spiders/bots will be able to click on your links in the menu if you have it in an iframe

Forget the <iframe>, I don't recommend it at all.Try this:<?phpinclude("file.html");?>And inside file.html you could have a menu, for example like this:(You don't need <html> <head> or <body> tags, just the menu code)

<ul id="menu">   <li><a href="URL">Link</a></li>   <li><a href="URL">Link</a></li>   <li><a href="URL">Link</a></li>   <li><a href="URL">Link</a></li></ul>

For example if test.php is in one folder and menu is in another, such as this diagram:

root directory				|		-----------------		|			   |	  folder		file.html		|	 test.php

Then in test.php you'd write:<?php include("../file.html"); ?>

I haven't seen it there, it's just something I've known for years, because I used to use it to navigate through folders in a very old computer of mine.../ means parent directory while ./ means current directory (which is the same as not putting anything at all).

Archived