PHP Problem

shlomk'e

hey im trying to program a pm model and i want people could send their msg to a number of people in one time so i use this:

<?phperror_reporting(E_ALL);if( isset( $_COOKIE['user'] ) ) { include("../config.php"); $title = $_POST['title']; $text = $_POST['text']; $name = $_COOKIE['user']; $date = date("d/m/y H:i"); $to = $_POST['to']; $a = 9999*9999; $b = 9999*9999*$a; $url = rand( $a, $b );if ($title == null || $title == "" || $text == "" || $text == null || $to == "" || $to == null) { header('Location: ../pm.php?act=send&error=gen'); exit;} else { $strings = split(" ",$to); $i = count( $strings );if ($i == 1) { $query = "SELECT username FROM members WHERE username='".$to."'"; $result = mysql_query($query);if (mysql_num_rows($result)>0) { mysql_query("INSERT INTO privatemsg (url, title, text, sendby, sendto, seen, date) VALUES ('$url', '$title', '$text', '$to', '$name', 'false', '$date')");} else { header('Location: ../pm.php?act=send&error=notexist'); exit;}} else { $c = 0;while ($c < $i) { $query = "SELECT username FROM members WHERE username='".$strings[$c]."'"; $result = mysql_query($query);if (mysql_num_rows($result)>0) { mysql_query("INSERT INTO privatemsg (url, title, text, sendby, sendto, seen, date) VALUES ('$url', '$title', '$text', '$strings[$c]', '$name', 'false', '$date')");} else { header('Location: ../pm.php?act=send&error=notexists'); exit;} $c++;}} header('Location: ../pm.php?send=true'); mysql_close($connect);} else {}?>
and it isnt working... someone can take a look?

How about just describing the problem. Instead of saying "it's not working", say what it is and is not doing.Also, you need to escape the variables in your SQL statements. There might be a quote or something in one of the variables that would cause the query to fail. Use this function to sanitize everything in the query:http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysq...cape-string.php