Redirect Page

Drz23

So while im creating what I am really looking to do I am going to be using my domain as a blog. My domain is Ourrealpastime, what I am trying to do is redirect it to My Blog. I need to know the exact coding and what to save it as and things like that. Im really very newbish with this so I will be very grateful for any help.-David

why not rename your blogger page to the index file? That way you save the hassle of the redirect, and you wont get penalised by search engines.:)
The way to do that would be?Now is the time to shout "omg he really is a newb"

basically, when you enter "www.somedomain.com" it automatically opens the index file (eg. index.html, index.htm, index.php) that is stored in that directory.so if you have "index.html" saved in the directory, the default file that will be opened is "www.somedomain.com/index.html". I believe your host has already put an index file in the directory saying...

If you are the owner of this web site you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.
You should be fine to delete this and upload your own index file. You could rename the "blogger.html" file to "index.html" .. but there could be some problems with current links to "blogger.html" from the blog's other files. For example when there's a link to "Homepage"... but I think you should be able to configure the settings in your blog admin panel to change these links...Adam

Archived